Monday 25 March 2013

Monday Manicure - Maybelline Candy Apple

Hi everyone! 

I was going to make the Monday Manicure a weekly fixture but a couple of days after I took the pictures of this manicure, I had an incident with a door and ended up breaking four of the nails on my left hand. It was absolutely heart breaking! I've only had long nails recently, having stopped biting my nails at the end of November, so having four of them break, and some of them are so short they look ridiculous again, was an incredibly upsetting experience. I know they are only nails, but as an ex-biter, they are precious too me.

Anyway, I thought I would still post this post so this week I was wearing Maybelline's Colour Show Nail Lacquer in 15 Candy Apple.

This is one of those staple reds that I think everyone needs in their nail polish collection. Its a lovely deep red that reminds me of Snow White - the name gives it away too.


This is what it looks like in the light - it is very shiney and a really smooth formula. This picture is with two coats - you don't necessarily need these two coats, I just always put two on as a minimum.


It lasted for a few days without chipping, and I'm always typing away with Uni work so this was good for me. I hate it when polish chips and I generally take off the polish as soon as this starts to happen so I really like it when the polish lasts longer than a day or two. Also, I have no idea what has happened to my thumb in this photo...

I apologise for the state of my cuticles in these pictures - as I have mentioned I am an ex-biter and my cuticles have suffered for years as a result, I am slowly getting them in to an acceptable condition but as I have never had to bother with them before I'm working to find a routine that fits me.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product. This was the first Maybelline polish I have ever tried and I am suitably impressed. You can pick it up for £2.99 at Boots and Superdrug!

1 comment:

  1. This is a very pretty shade. About to post a NOTD which includes this shade.

    Great review!

    Sarah
    PrettyGloss - makeup, beauty & a lil gibberish

    ReplyDelete