Saturday 23 February 2013

Review of the MUA Professional Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit

I have another MUA product to review for you here! I am really loving this brand at the moment, they are perfect for students who have a little loan that needs to go a long way.

I remember reading about the HD Brows kit a long time ago and it was really popular over summer, especially when it was included in several beauty boxes. I've never really been fussed about my brows - I used to let them do what they wanted as I am a wimp and hated causing myself pain by plucking them. I was fine getting someone else to wax them but it has taken me years to get used to plucking them. But then comes another problem - when you accidently pluck the wrong hair and have random bald spots in your brows! So, I invested in a brow kit.



I think this is another miracle product from MUA. It has two different shades, a highlighter and a gel, and there is a double-ended brush in there as well as some mini tweezers so it is great for travelling. 
I use the middle shade, which is surprisingly pigmented on my light brown brows. I also use a 17 Eyebrow Brush in Natural Brown so that it isn't one block colour. I'm not too keen on the gel - it doesn't stay for long, but I am using it at the moment until I buy a better brow gel.
I also don't use the brush that is supplied as I find it a bit too stiff and I have quite sensitive skin on my eyebrows and so I use a more gentle brush.


These are the swatches of the three different powders. As you can see the highlighter (furtherest to the right) is too dark for my pale skin which is a shame, but I use an illuminator anyway. You could potentially use this shade on your eyebrows if you are pale and have incredibly blonde eyebrows. The shades don't have any red tints, which I know some products do, so you won't end up looking like you've just bawled your eyes out when you've used it.

This product costs £3.50 from Superdrug and is a good alternative to the high end ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment