Wednesday 20 February 2013

Review of two Natural Collection Lipsticks

My aim for 2013 is to get in to more lip products. I have plenty of lip balms - about 4 on average in my handbag at a time - but other than freebies, I have never gone out and brought anything. I think it's because I don't like my teeth - they aren't hideous, but they aren't pearly white and I feel like any lip colour I wear will draw attention to that. But, I brought some teeth whiteners, which seem to be working, and thought I would buy some lip sticks!


On the left is the Moisture Shine Lipstick in Berry Sorbet. On the right is the Sheer Natural Lip Colour in Sand Castle.



As you can see, the Berry Sorbet is a (funnily enough) berry red. It isn't hugely pigmented, which I like, so it means I can put colour on my lips without drawing too much attention. It's a nicer starter colour I think for someone who is a bit afraid of lip colour!
Sand Castle is just my everyday colour now. It's really moisturising and I have noticed a huge difference in the condition of my lips and they are a lot less cracked! This 'lip colour' is more sheer and just makes your lips a better version of themselves, as cheesy as that sounds! This colour is also a really nice base for my Barry M   Glossy Tube in Shade 4 (which I mentioned in my first haul post), both of which now permanently reside in my hand bag,


Here you an see the colours are lot better which makes up for my bad descriptions of the colours. You can also see the pigmentation of both products. 

These lipsticks were £1.99 each and I think they are a really good start to a lipstick collection.

I just want to say that I do use Photoshop when it comes to editing my photos as I like to make the background as white as possible, purely because I think it makes my photos look better, but I also edit the colours slightly to make sure that the pictures and swatches look as close as possible to the real colours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment