Friday 8 February 2013

Review of MaxFactor Clump Defy Mascara by False Lash Effect in Black

Hi guys, if you read my previous posts you will know that I hoarded mascaras a lot during the past 5/6 years. I used to work in Superdrug and I was the one who tried and tested the mascaras. After I left, I stuck to one (Bourjois' Liner Effect Waterproof Mascara) and I loved the effect this had on my lashes. But I got bored, and went back in to searching for different formulas and brushes. I still kept going back to my trusted Bourjois though. 

Then I heard about the Cover Girl Clump Crusher and how amazing it was meant to be. My lashes do clump quite easily so I really wanted this but, I obviously live in the UK so couldn't get hold of it. I went to Boots the other day, just to pick up some essentials, and I walked past the new MaxFactor Clump Defy mascara and I remembered reading somewhere that MaxFactor is Cover Girl. I don't know if this is true or not but I definitely do not regret buying this mascara!


It was on an introductory offer of £7.99 in Boots, and I actually bought it with my Advantage Card points which was a lovely little treat. It comes in a pretty purple tube and has a curved plastic wand. You can tell by looking at the bristles that the formulation isn't clumpy.



This is my eye without any mascara (it was incredibly weird taking this picture and it's weird to look at for me as well).


This is my eye with one coat of the mascara. You can clearly see a difference in both volume and length. If you wanted a more dramatic look you can layer it without worrying about clumping.


It doesn't clump, and you can layer it up for a more dramatic look. The curl lasted all day which is also amazing! The brush might not be to everyone's liking as it is quite big, but once you get used to it, it is really easy to use!

I think this just may be my new favourite mascara and I would definitely recommend trying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment